Standards and Accreditation
At Fort Knox Records Management, our facilities, security systems and employees are under constant scrutiny to ensure that we maintain the highest standards within the industry.
Our APROSS* approved facilities meet all government standards for records storage and management. We are audited on a regular basis and governed by APROSS practices to ensure that we continue to meet their level of high standards.
Fort Knox Records Management has also been certified according to AS/ISO 9001† and is a member of the The Records and Information Management Professionals Australasia.
More importantly, we are constantly reviewing our facilities, our technology and our practices to ensure that we continue to meet our customers' specific requirements and standards.
Whether you need storage services, scanning and imaging services or document destruction services, we provide you with dedicated account management and encourage regular meetings and communication to establish agreed service levels that meet your needs.
At Fort Knox Records Management, we are committed to continual improvement and always welcome your feedback because providing excellent customer service is our priority.
To find out more about APROSS standards, click here.
* APROSS — Approved Public Records Office Storage Supplier (VIC only)
† VIC, QLD and NSW only
APROSS facilities must comply with the following conditions:
- Be a minimum 1½-hour fire-isolated storage area that meets Building Code of Australia (BCA) fire-resistance levels. For single storey facilities, external walls are deemed compliant if not less than 3 metres from an adjacent fire source. Internal walls need to be 1½-hour fire isolated. For facilities of two storeys or more, the 1½-hour fire requirement includes both horizontal and vertical isolation.
- Be used solely for the storage of records of the type approved in the instrument of appointment.
- Comply with minimum standards determined by the Keeper of Public Records relating to: fire and water damage prevention measures, security, preservation, and climate control vault storage for microform, disks and tapes, etc.
- Be adequately insured against loss or damage of records in APROSS custody.
- Receive notice of approval from the Keeper of Public Records before accepting each new transfer of public records.
- Provide a list of public records housed in the APROSS facility when requested by the Keeper of Public Records.
- Provide to the client agency a 24-hour record identification, retrieval and delivery service for each day of the year.
- Provide a search room facility for client staff on the APROSS premises between 9.00am and 5.00pm weekdays.
- Provide facilities and assistance for PROV to inspect the public records, and return to PROV any records in an APROSS facility that PROV deems to be permanent. Section 13(a) of the Act gives PROV the right to inspect the public records free of charges.
- Undertake the destruction of public records only with the authorisation of the Keeper of Public Records as required by section 20 of the "Act" in accordance with standards issued by the Keeper under Section 12 of the "Act".